Get started with App.net.

  Sign up now  
mlv
    Cauldron's working again. It's probably just my computer...
    mlv
      Uh oh.... I try to run Cauldron on OSX 10.10 and just get a browser window, "Cannot run package". Say it ain't so!
      mlv
        @0xmf *shudder* every time I've tried doing anything with Ruby, there's been a me-shaped hole in a nearby wall.
        mlv
          @0xmf Is it "...of the north"?
          mlv
            @0xmf @larand Christ is Risen! Truly He is Risen!
            mlv
              @0xmf I've never reliably gotten git stash to work (okay, truth be told, I tried to use it, and gave up). That's why I create lots of extra branches
              mlv
                @0xmf I've had this taped to my second monitor for years. http://dilbert.com/strip/2008-04-17
                mlv
                  @keita Right. Just looked it up. Fascinating.
                  mlv
                    @keita I'm guessing not Holy Friday. What is it?
                    mlv
                      Hasn't been the most pleasant of Holy Weeks. Wife and I have had serious gastric distresses all week and are now looking at not being able to make it to church for the rest of it (and the room's already booked and paid for).
                      mlv
                        @jnm I may have found a way. If you use re.search (to start with), it finds the passage, regardless of the location, but if you use re.match, it expects it at the beginning of the string (substring, in this case ;)
                        mlv
                          @0xmf It'll give you someting to look forward to tomorrow. :)
                          mlv
                            @jnm that involves full "Hey! Check out John 1:2-3. I was reading it at 4:30 and it was great!" text processing (it would add John 4:30 to it). If you're only looking at discrete strings, it's not a problem. But pulling passages out of English text can be.
                            mlv
                              @jnm It was really just to make the code a bit more sane. But I have a real question for you, as one who uses this code: I think the best way to implement John 1:2-3,7-8 is to make the book name optional in the RE. Problem is, that'll break any parsing..
                              mlv
                                @jnm And I just have to decide -- quickly, if possible, if this rabbit hole is worth the effort for what I need (main thing: stringing together multiple readings)
                                mlv
                                  @jnm Okay, just gave you a pull request. Changes: Changed book[3] to a dictionary so you don't need that silly book[3][ch-1] business, just book[3][ch] (and len(book[3]) still works. Also added the so-called "deuterocanonical" books.
                                  mlv
                                    @jws I looked up PEP8. It's very close to how I code already. But thanks. @jnm
                                    mlv
                                      @jnm I think I'd better read up on what the PEP8 guidelines are before I can be considered to have "actual skill"